Pitches & Positions:
Writing for Public Relations and Advocacy
15 attendee limit
You’ve got to earn your earned media.
Public relations efforts depend on the quality of your writing. Do you know how many journalists throw away your press releases without even looking at them? Pitches & Positions helps you write better press releases, op-eds and other public relations and advocacy documents.
Check Back Soon for Upcoming Workshops
or sign up for our e-newsletter and we’ll let you know when it’s posted.
Before the Workshop
Pre-workshop interview (optional)
The instructor reaches out for a brief phone call to discuss your writing challenges. The feedback is used to tailor in-class writing exercises as much as possible.
During the Workshop
(times are approximate)
Group Introductions/Writing Warm-up
Focus on talking points and backgrounders
Focus on press releases
Focus on op-eds
Reflection and Next Steps
After the Workshop
To reinforce the workshop lessons, you’ll receive an email per week with additional lessons, suggestions and writing exercises.
Event Cancellation by Methodical Writing
- Methodical Writing reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event nonviable.
- If Methodical Writing cancels an event, registrants will be given a full refund.
Registration Cancellation by Attendee
- The deadline to request a refund for your registration is 10 days before the workshop.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund. No-shows attendees will not eligible for a refund.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- Substitutions for your registration are permitted up to one day before the workshop date.
How to Request a Refund
- Cancellations are accepted in writing only.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline to receive your refund.
The above policies apply to all Methodical Writing Workshops unless otherwise noted in corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.